Sunday, July 3

June

As quickly as it came, it went. June is the month that literally vanished…leaving me here looking at the calendar thinking "where did the time go?" June also left a gaping whole in this Blog. I shamefully look at my last post date and think maybe June never happened.

Oh, but it did.

Disappointment after disappointment, broken promise of support after broken promise June. hit. hard.
And brought with it doubt and fear:

Did I make the right decision? Was giving up a cushy life in island paradise really worth it?

Armed and equipped with all the books about missions I could find, I still struggle to understand the path I've chosen…or the path that was chosen for me. To give up everything to work towards something bigger than yourself requires a level of faith I'm not sure that I have. And in the face of the impossible, I am faced with the harsh reality that good intentions are not enough.

After all, a girl's gotta eat. And while I'm slowly beginning to learn (and appreciate) what it means to live with less, I can't say I'm necessarily fond of struggling for the basics. Dear God, whatever the test is here, can I please have a cheat sheet?

If you've ever done full-time missions or volunteering, how did you keep from giving up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis